Do you want to set up authorized payments within your forms? Use the pie form Authorize.net addon to make secure payments.
This tutorial will show the complete process. Let us walk you through the activation and use process.
- The authorize.net installation
- Enabling authorize.net
The first step is to install and activate the authorize.net addon in your pie forms.
How to install and activate Authorize.net in pie forms
To install the authorize.net addon, Go to your Genetech Store Account and download the plugin file.
- Next, navigate to WordPress Admin Dashboard > Plugins > Add New
- Now upload the zip file.
The plugin will be displayed in the list of plugins.
- For Pie Forms Premium Users, simply activate the addon without adding the license key.
- To turn on the plugin, Go to the list of inactive plugins.
- Finally, click the Activate button next to “Pie Forms (Addon) – Authorize.net”
If you are still using Pie Forms Basic, Upgrade to Pro or purchase the addon separately.
- To activate the license key, Go to Genetech Store Account > My account > My Keys.
- Copy the license key
- Go to Pie Forms on the WordPress Admin dashboard.
- Next, navigate to Pie Forms > Global Settings > License Key.
- Insert the license key and email address and hit “Activate.”
- The authorized.net addon has now been installed and activated.
Making a Payment Form
After the add-on has been activated, you can create a form to accept payments. You may create a new form or edit an existing one and add Authorize.net.
To accept payments, add the checkout field and one of the following payment fields on your form.
- Single item (Fixed or User Defined)
- Multiple Items (For Fixed various options)
- Checkout (For Card Details).
Follow the steps mentioned below to set up the authorize.net addon.
- Select a form to edit or create a new one and go to Form Settings.
- You can now see the Authorize.net Settings.
- Tick the box to enable authorize.net.
- Set the Email Address to send transaction notifications of each payment to the users/customer(you can set the email field from the smart tag dropdown). Send Email Receipts to your customers following the steps below.
- To send Email Notifications/Receipts to your customers, set up an Email Address.
- To set up your Email Address, follow the steps below.
- Login/Signup to the Merchant Interface.
- Go to Accountand click Email Receipts below the Transaction Response Settings.
- Mark the Email transaction receipt to customer (if the email address is provided). You can also mark Email customer for each successfully authorized ARB transaction if you are using Automated Recurring Billing (ARB).
- You can also customize the header and footer content forEmail Receipts.
- Enter the text you want to appear in the email receipt’s header and footer.
- Hit Submit to save settings.
- Enter yourTransaction ID and Transaction Key. (you can get these keys from your official authorized account). Follow the steps below to locate the keys.
- Log in to your official authorize.net account and navigate to the left sidebar and click
- Next, under the security settings label, click on API Credentials & Keys.
- Copy the API number next to theAPI Login ID and go back to the pie forms settings and paste this number into the API Login ID
- After entering your API Login ID, a Transaction Key is required. (Look for the Create New Key Sectionon your Authorize.Net account’s API Credentials & Keys page.)
- MarkNew Transaction Key next and hit submit.
- After successful submission, an overlay requesting your identity will appear. To start this verification process, hit the Request PIN button.
- Now go back to yourPie Form Settings, add your keys to the Transaction Key field, and hit Save Settings.
- Select Authorize.Net Mode: Sandbox or live.
- You can set a confirmation message for the successful payment transaction. Click enable success payment message.
Admin can either set one-time payments or recurring payments.
- To set up recurring payments, click on Enable Recurring Payments.
- Admin can write a subscription name to identify a particular group of subscriptions.
- Select the duration/ time period of recurring payment by choosingDays or Months.
- Enter the number in the payment period to set the frequency of payments.
- Write the number for the payments to occur. This setting will determine the total number of payments.
- ClickEnable Trial and write the number of trial payments and amount. This will specify how many “trial” payments will be made before the subscription starts. (optional)
- Then finally, enter the customers’ information in the fields. (you can set these fields from the smart tag dropdown).
That’s all. We hope you find this article helpful. Feel free to contact us if you have any queries.