Having a multilingual audience, it is beneficial to translate your content into multiple languages. With the Pie Form’s Auto Smart Translator Addon, you can view the content in your selected language using Google Translate and Deepl.
Before we get started, you need to install and activate the Smart Translator Addon on your PieForm’s Admin Dashboard. Let’s begin.
How to Install and Activate Addons
- To install the add-on, log in to your Genetech Store Account and download the plugin file.
- Go to WordPress Admin Dashboard > Plugins > Add New
- Upload the zip file of the Addon.
The plugin will now be visible in the list of plugins.
- If you are using Pie Forms Premium, you only have to activate the addon. The license key is not required.
- To activate the plugin, go to the list of inactive plugins.
- Locate“Pie Forms (Addon) – Smart Translator Addon” and click on the ‘Activate’ button.
If you are not using Pie Forms Premium and have bought the addon separately, you require the License key.
- To activate the license key, go to Genetech store account > My account > My Keys.
- Copy the key.
- Go to your WordPress Admin dashboard, and click on Pie Forms.
- Then, Pie Forms > Global Settings > License Key
- Paste the email address and license key and click Activate.
You will now be able to use the Auto Smart Translator addon.
How To Set up Google Translate/Deepl
To use the Smart Translator addon for Pie Forms, you must first have the API keys for both platforms.
Get the API keys here:
How To Connect Translators with Pie Forms
Once the addon is activated from the Pie Forms Admin Dashboard, go to Pie Forms>>Smart Auto Translation.
Select the translator and enter the API keys to connect with Pie Forms.
Save the settings.
Deepl comes with two versions. Free and Paid. The Paid version is only available in particular countries. You can check here for details.
After selecting the translator and entering the desired API keys, you can create a new form or edit an existing one. If you are new to Pie Forms, you can check our guide How to create your first form.
Once you’re on the form builder, go to Form Settings. You will see an option of Smart Auto Translate. Select the checkbox to enable it on your forms, and from the dropdown below, choose the language you want the message to show in.
For now, the Smart Translate add-on works for two Basic fields of Pie Forms i-e Text Area and Single Line Text. Drag and drop the required fields and do the edits if needed.
We have used the Single Line Text field for Name and Text Area field for Message for this tutorial, as shown below.
Save and Preview.
When a user fills a form, the admin will receive an email notification with the desired output. As we selected Greek as our language, you can see the text translated in it.
This is how simple it is! For further queries, drop a message here, and our support team will contact you shortly.