Do you have an online store and are searching for a way to collect payments on your website? Whether you’re managing donations or selling products and services, Pie Forms is there for you.
Our PayPal Payment addon allows you to integrate your WordPress site with PayPal easily, so you can easily create forms for physical products, pre-payments for services, or simply collect donations.
This tutorial will show you how to install and use the PayPal Payment Addon with Pie Forms.
- Installing the PayPal Payment Addon
- Creating a Payment Form
- Enabling PayPal Payments in Your Forms
Before we get started, you need to install and activate the Addon on your PieForm’s Admin Dashboard. Let’s begin.
How to Install and Activate the Add-on
To install the add-on, log in to your Genetech Store Account and download the plugin file.
- Go to WordPress Admin Dashboard > Plugins > Add New
- Upload the zip file of the Addon.
The plugin will now be visible in the list of plugins.
- If you are using Pie Forms Premium, you only have to activate the addon. The license key is not required.
- To activate the plugin, go to the list of inactive plugins.
- Locate “Pie Forms (Addon) – PayPal Payment Addon” and click on the ‘Activate’ button.
If you are using Pie Forms Basic, Upgrade to PRO or buy the addon separately.
- To activate the license key, go to Genetech store account > My account > My Keys.
- Copy the key.
- Go to your WordPress Admin dashboard, and click on Pie Forms.
- Then, Pie Forms > Global Settings > License Key
- Paste the email address and license key and click Activate.
PayPal Payment addon is now installed and activated.
Creating a Payment Form
Once you’ve activated the PayPal Payment Addon, you’re ready to create a form to collect payments. You may create a new form or edit an existing one and add PayPal functionality to it.
Make sure to add one of the following payment fields to your form to collect payments.
- Single Item (Fixed or User Defined)
- Multiple Items (For Fixed various options)
Next, click on the edit button of the field and do the required edits in the basic and advanced options.
- Change the Label and Meta Key
- Add in the description if required
- Select the Price Type (Fixed/User Defined)
- If Fixed is selected as the Price Type, then an additional field of Price will show up to add in the required amount you want to collect.
- Add in the Placeholder Text
- Enable Hide Label to hide it
- Additional CSS
The additional settings in the Basic Options in the Multiple Item field
- Add/delete multiple choices.
- Enable the show price to make it visible on Frontend.
- Add in Image choices after enabling it
- Make it a required field.
Enabling PayPal Standard Payments in Your Forms
Once you are done with your form’s fields, you’ll need to enable PayPal Standard for it.
Go to Form Settings >> PayPal Standard Payment Settings in the form builder. Here, check the box labeled Enable PayPal Standard.
Then fill out the rest of the PayPal Standard settings, which include:
- Currency: Select the currency you want to collect payments in.
- PayPal Email Address: The email address for your PayPal Business account, to which payments will be sent.
- Mode: Live/Sandbox. To process live payments, set this option to Live.
- Payment Type: Products and Services or Donation. Set this option to the choice that matches the type of transactions you’ll be handling with this form.
- Cancel URL: If users don’t complete their payments in PayPal, they’ll be redirected to this URL.
Hit Save, and you are done!
When users submit a form with PayPal Standard integration, they’ll immediately be taken to this page of Paypal to complete their payment.
That’s it! Now you know how to enable PayPal payments in Pie Forms. Need help? Contact Us, and our support team will get back to you soon.