Online donation forms are a great way to boost your fundraising strategy if you are working for a nonprofit organization. It becomes more accessible for the supporters to donate for the noble cause without hunting for your contact information.
There are many ways to integrate payment solutions with your website to accept donations online. It makes recurring donations user-friendly. Among many, Paypal is one of the most popular and used solutions globally.
Below in this article, we will walk you through how you can set up WordPress PayPal integration with Pie Forms.
Why Pie Forms?
Pie Forms is an intelligent WordPress form builder plugin with outstanding optimization and anti-spam features to make your website protected and work efficiently. Anyone can create all kinds of forms with the most efficient drag and drop builder and embed them anywhere on your website using the Shortcodes. Some of the free extensions include the Paypal donation addon through which you can collect payments for supporting causes in an easy way.
How to Install and Activate Addons
- To install the add-on, log in to your Genetech Store Account and download the plugin file.
- Go to WordPress Admin Dashboard > Plugins > Add New
- Upload the zip file of the Addon.
The plugin will now be visible in the list of plugins.
- To activate the plugin, go to the list of inactive plugins.
- Locate “Pie Forms (Addon) – PayPal Donation Addon”and click on the ‘Activate’ button.
- Upload the zip file of the Addon.
If you are using Pie Forms Basic, Upgrade to PRO or buy the addon separately.
- To activate the license key, go to Genetech store account > My account > My Keys.
- Copy the key.
- Go to your WordPress Admin dashboard, and click on Pie Forms.
- Then, Pie Forms > Global Settings > License Key
- Paste the email address and license key and click Activate.
PayPal Donation addon is now installed and activated.
Configure Settings Of Paypal Addon
Once the addon is installed and activated go to the Form Builder to configure the addon settings. Go to Form Settings>>Paypal Addon
Here you can configure the following:
- Enable Paypal checkbox.
- Select the currency.
- Add in your Paypal Email Address.
- Select the mode.(Sandbox or Live)
- Enter the cancellation URL to send site visitors if they don’t complete their PayPal donation.
The currency field has the following four options to select from.
Create a Form with the Payment Field
Once you’ve configure the settings, you’re ready to create a form to collect payments. You may create a new form or edit an existing one and add PayPal functionality to it.
If you’re building a new form, you might want to look at our guide, How to Create forms with Pie Forms.
Once you are on the form builder you can add in your required fields like Name, Email, Phone Number or more. For Donation payments simply drag and drop a Single Item field. Do the required edits in the Basic and Advanced options. The Price Type field in the Basic Section gives you two options.
When you select User Defined users get a chance to enter the amount they want to donate, but if you want to collect a fixed amount you can opt for the fixed option where you will enter the required amount in the field below.
When users submit a form with PayPal Standard integration, they’ll immediately be taken to Paypal page to complete their payment.
Users can select the option for payment. After payment user will be redirected back to the website.
That’s it! We hope this article helped you learn how to create a nonprofit donation form in WordPress with Paypal Addon by Pie Forms. Contact Us for further queries.